Wednesday, April 20, 2011

20 April 2011


The immunologist told us today that we can increase Jeremy's peanut dose from 1/2 peanut to 1 peanut per day. As Jeremy does not like the chocolate part of the Peanut M&Ms (he refuses to eat his daily dose until the chocolate has been removed!), we will buy him some roasted peanuts instead.

It's a bit ironic - the first Easter when he can actually eat chocolate eggs/rabbits/whatever, and he doesn't want to!

Monday, April 11, 2011

11 April 2011


Hooray! Jeremy was very happy that he didn't have a fever today, so that he could start his one week's intensive school holiday swimming lessons at Willoughby Leisure Centre. Today he moved up a level from Turtles to Otters.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

10 April 2011


Jeremy continues to have fevers and a cough, but at least his fever spikes are further apart now and there are periods during the day when his temperature is normal.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

9 April 2011


Although Jeremy woke up with no fever, by mid morning he was 38.6 degrees and stayed febrile for the rest of the day. He has also developed a barking cough and a snuffy nose. However, none of this affected his ability to play all day, despite our attempts to get him to nap.

Friday, April 8, 2011

8 April 2011

T+570Unfortunately, Jeremy had a fever this morning, so he had to miss the Infants' Easter Hat Parade and the last day of Term One. He still wanted to model his hat, and says that he will wear it for next year's parade!

The doctor wanted to see Jeremy again today (before the weekend), but could find no evidence of a bacterial infection (ie. could treat with antibiotics). We were told to just continue with Panadol and Nurofen for his fevers over the weekend.

This afternoon, when we went to school to pick up Stephanie, Jeremy's teacher told us that there are 8 children away sick in Jeremy's class - that's about 1/3 of his class! Obviously there is something going around!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

7 April 2011


Still feverish with a headache this morning, so Jeremy saw the doctor again who confirmed that it is still a virus ... not much we can do but to wait and see ...

He reached 40.4 tonight ...

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

6 April 2011


Jeremy woke up with a fever of 39.2 degrees. We tried to give him Panadol twice, but he threw up after each attempt. So we waited until after breakfast (he was still keen to eat tuna and toast!) and then tried for a third time - success!

The immunologist told us that we can increase his daily peanut intake to 1/2 peanut, and check back with her in 2 weeks' time.

He was febrile all day and peaked at 39.8 degrees tonight.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

5 April 2011

T+567 or 81 weeks!

Jeremy felt warm this morning and so we checked his temperature - 37.7 degrees! Although he was otherwise bouncy and happy, we decided to keep him home from school. So he missed out on mufti day, where the children could wear Red & White (for Japan), Black & White (for Christchurch) or Maroon (for Queensland) and bring a gold coin donation.

He was feverish all day and peaked at 40.1 tonight. He also complained that his head hurt. Diagnosis - a virus.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

3 April 2011


It's flu vaccination time, and everyone in our family needs to have it done. Yesterday was the day, and we are thankful that this year it has gone smoothly for us all! Last year, the flu vaccination caused Jeremy to have high fevers in the middle of the night. This resulted in a flustered mother making worried calls to Campderdown Ward as to whether or not we needed to bring him in!

After Jeremy had his needle, it was his turn to be allowed to push the syringe when Dr KonKon had his injection (Stephanie played nurse and pushed the syringe last time).